A great big thank you to Jane Johann who nominated me for the “Versatile Blogger Award.” You will find her lovely words and thoughts at http://johannisthinking.com/
In keeping with the spirit of the award:
Seven things about myself:
- I was born minutes after Christmas day.
- I read at the rate of about a book a week, a lifelong habit.
- The best day of my life was when I met the magnificent lady who would be wife. It happened in a Manhattan night club nearly 50 years ago.
- The worst day of my life was September 11, 2001, for so many terrible reasons.
- I still pine over last year’s loss of my constant companion of 18 years, Jessie, a brilliant, fearless, gorgeous girl who was a German Shepherd/Border Collie mix. I’ve had other fine dogs, but she was the finest.
- College aside, I began writing sporadic poetry and essays after retiring 10 years ago.
- Pasta, in all of its delectable manifestations, is an obsession.
I further nominate the following bloggers whose writing I so enjoy, in no particular order, for the “Versatile Blogger Award.” There are many others whose works are worthy, but they seem to have received various awards long before I found them.