Amazingly, I’ve been nominated for another Sunshine Award. This time by Kristen Mazzola at http://khmazzola124.wordpress.com/, a blog I only recently discovered. She is a versatile, gifted author of poetry, prose, journaling, and all the in-betweens. I’m sure you will enjoy her work as much as I do.
Thank you dearly, Kristen. Your recognition is sincerely appreciated. Please understand I’ve had a spate of recent awards and I just can’t come up with more nominees right now. But I will at least try to answer your questions.
Kristen’s questions for her nominees:
1. What without fail always makes you laugh? – My wife’s retelling stories of all the dumb things I’ve done in our 45 years together.
2. What is your favorite adaptation of a book to a movie? – West Side Story, Grapes of Wrath, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Godfather, Lord of the Rings trilogy
3. Why did you start your blog? – Retired and disabled, I needed an outlet for the mish-mash in my mind.
4. What moment did you realize you enjoyed your job or that you were good at your job? – The first time my recommendations were adopted.
5. Do you have any poem committed to memory? If so, what is it? – “The New Colossus” by Emma Lazarus, inscribed on the Statue of Liberty.
6. What song defines your life? – I haven’t written it yet, but too many country songs come close.
7. What is your first memory? – I can’t remember, seriously. I’m a geezer.
8. What color comes to mind right now? – Orange, as in that sunshine flower.
9. Do you believe that we all have a bigger purpose? If so, what do you think yours is? – To be a better man and, in that, a better example for my children and grandchildren.
10. What time of day do you like to write? – Since my time is my own, whenever the mood strikes me. But mornings seem more productive.